Carissa Abe, DC
Dr. Carissa Abe discovered Chiropractic Care in her early athletic career. Chiropractic changed Dr. Abe's life after years of frustration with pain and no improvement in her college athletics. With one treatment from a Sports Medicine Chiropractor, she was able to thrive and compete at the highest collegiate level...Div 1 NCAA Championships. After college, she was then inspired to help patients reach their optimal potential with Chiropractic Care. Dr. Abe went on to finish her collegiate swimming career as one of ASU¹s All- Americans.
After graduating from ASU with a BS in Kinesiology, Dr. Abe enrolled in Chiropractic school at the Southern California University of Health Sciences. Her love of chiropractic medicine grew deeper as she worked alongside several successful chiropractors and traveled across the US to represent her school. Dr. Abe graduated from SCU with honors and received the President¹s Leadership Award for her class.
Dr. Abe specializes in Diversified Chiropractic Adjustments, Active Release Technique©, Graston Technique©, Kinesio taping©, Sports Medicine, Activator Technique and Webster Technique. She is Board Certified in Chiropractic, Physiotherapy and Acupuncture. She is licensed in both California and Arizona.
- Southern California University of Health Sciences, Doctor of Chiropractic 2011
- Arizona State University, BS Kinesiology 2007
- 2018 Phoenix Mercury Team Chiropractor
- 2011-12 Phoenix Ironman Medical Team
Certificates & Awards
- Webster's Technique Certification 2018
- Acupuncture Certification 2015
- SCU President's Leadership Award 2011
- SCU Dean's List
- SCU Sports Council President
- SCU ASB Award of Excellence
Office is located in the Steward Health Clinic located just east of the Phoenix Suns Arena.